For Android users using Chrome or another supported browser, the process is straightforward:
- Access the Menu: Tap on the three dots (or sometimes a menu icon) in the top-right corner of the browser.
- Choose ‘Add to Home screen’: This option might vary slightly depending on the browser. In Chrome, it should be ‘Add to Home screen’.
- Name the App: You’ll be prompted to name the app, or it might take the name from the web page itself.
- Tap ‘Add’: The icon of the website will appear on your home screen like a native app.
On iOS devices using Safari, the process is a little different:
- Tap the Share Button: This looks like a square with an arrow pointing out of it, usually located at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose ‘Add to Home Screen’: Scroll through the options until you find ‘Add to Home Screen’ and tap it.
- Name the App: You can edit the name if you want or use the default name provided.
- Tap ‘Add’: The icon of the website will now appear on your home screen and can be launched like a native app.